Wednesday 26 November 2014

Momo reasonable prices for an out of this world taste experiences


Tonight Mr foodie and I treated ourselves to a meal in Waterford newest eatery located at 47 Patrick street. It opened yesterday and I was very excited to try it out. The menu was very different and full of choice. We especially love the idea of the sharing platters.(2 people or more you may pic 2 of the meaty,fishy or veggie options and they will make you a tasting platter out of that)
I often want a bite of everything so this would be the ideal solution for someone like me.
I also liked that you can pick starter sized options just in case you do in fact want a few plates of different food too.

The menu is incredibly smart. It insures variety while not being too ambitious, it also is incredibly how local everything seems to be sources from Aurelias cordials delicate cordials to Ballybeg greens. As much as possible is as local as possible that to me is what it is all about.

I tried the Monkfish carpacio. Which strictly speaking is a starter but I got two side orders to bulk it up. Patatas bravas and sarah bread plate with hummus apple spices butter and chili. The spiced butter stole the show for me on the bread plate followed closley by the hummus which was stunning too. The chili was'nt to my taste, but i am sure others would adore it. As for the carpacio of monk fish. WOW  It was just incredible. Presented on a bed of thinly sliced beetroot, the monk fish was sitttng so fresh topped off by a candied lemon slice. All together worked perfectly, but I have to say I ate one of the candied lemons by it self, and i am glad i did. The taste sensation  was worth having one carpacio without it. Incredible dish. The patatas bravas were tasty and topped with salsa and with the chili from the dip, they where a quality side.

I forgot to mention I ordered and elder-flower drink. Very very tasty and a welcome option for those of us who do not drink, but enjoy tasty beverages with our meals.

The hubby ordered  the pine grove  free range pork sausages. These where served on a bed of colcannon  and kale with a tastefully thyme flavored jus to tie it all together. The kale was simply perfect. I can only assume pan friend in butter and sea salt cooked to perfection still a crunch but softness to it also. the sausages where his favorite part of the evening he described them as the tastiest part of the meal. and to be honest they where in my opinion second only to the lemon candy. and thats only because that lemon really did have pep in its flavor pop. The colcannon was creamy and perfectly flavored. We both commented how more often than not scallions are used to take over the creamy spud experience but this was not the case with these.

I treated myself to desert as the mystery filling in the doughnuts really had me curious. but i think the poppyseed mascarpony on the plate with them was actually my favorite part. Much to my surprise. the doughnuts were very tasty and I think filled with salted caramel sauce or fruit coulie both flavoursome and yummy, but the mascapone poppyseed mix tasted incredible. I commented that it reminded me of Christmas so i think there may have been cinnamon in it to brig it all together.
We both really enjoyed this meal and look forward to our return.

It is wonderful to see local produce being showcased so originally in a very fairly priced venue. This is most certainly a restaurant I would recommend you try if you are looking for tasty different and affordable. This is the first week so as usual there were teething problems but everything was dealt with professionally and perfectly. I wish all at Momo the very best success 


here is a link to their Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/momowaterford?fref=ts









No comments:

Post a Comment